Orange County Domestic Partnership Dissolution Attorney
I am sometimes asked about the roll of Domestic Partnership Dissolution Attorneys in Orange County California in particular, “what is the process”. My answer is usually, well that depends on the facts of your particular situation. Domestic partnerships can be dissolved in one of two ways. Domestic Partnerships can either be terminated by filing a notice of termination with the California Secretary of State if you meet all of the 13 requirements or if you do not meet all 13 requirements, then a domestic partnership can be dissolved by filing a Petitioner for Dissolution of Domestic Partnership with the Family Law Superior court in your area.
In order to terminate with the California Secretary of State you need to meet all of the 13 requirements listed:
1. The parties have both read this brochure and understand it.
2. The parties both want to terminate the domestic partnership.
3. The Parties have not been registered as domestic partners for more than 5 years.
4. No children were born to the parties before or during the domestic partnership.
5. The parties did not adopt any children during the domestic partnership.
6. Neither party is now pregnant.
7. The parties do not own any land or buildings.
8. Neither party is renting any land or buildings (except where one or both of us lives, and that lease does not include a purchase option and will end within one year of filing the Notice of Termination of Domestic Partnership form).
9. Our community obligations are not more than $6,000, not counting automobile loans.
10. Our community property is worth less than $38,000, without counting loans and automobiles.
11. Neither one of us has separate property totaling more than $38,000, not counting loans and automobiles.
12. The parties have prepared and signed a property settlement prior to submitting the Notice of Termination of Domestic Partnership form that states how community property possessions and community obligations will be divided (Or that states that no community property or community debt have been accumulated).
13. The parties agree that they do not want money or support from the other partner except what is included in the property settlement agreement dividing the community property and community obligations.
If neither party files to revoke the termination, the termination of Domestic Partnership will automatically terminate six months after you file your Notice of Termination of Domestic Partnership with the California Secretary of State.
This process can be an intricate procedure and therefore, you should obtain legal advise from an experienced domestic partnership attorney to assist you.
Consult with Domestic Partnership Dissolution Attorneys in Orange County California
For more on Domestic Partnership Dissolution schedule your free consultation with our experienced family law Attorneys in Orange County CA. Please contact the Family Law Offices of Yanez & Associates. Call now, our staff is standing by 24/7. Or if you prefer, use our online contact form located to your right.
The Domestic Partnership Dissolution Lawyers of Yanez & Associates handle cases in Orange County and Los Angeles County. Here is a list of some of the cities our clients reside in: Anaheim, Brea, Buena Park, Costa Mesa, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, La Habra, La Palma, Laguna Beach, Laguna Niguel, Lake Forest, Los Alamitos, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Orange, Placentia, Santa Ana, Stanton, Tustin, Westminster; Yorba Linda.